Offshore VTS Pilots
Do you want to avoid maritime safety risks around your offshore projects, reduce the cost of damaged or lost equipment and ensure the safety of your personnel? Royal Dirkzwager´s offshore Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) provides the answer.
For many years Royal Dirkzwager´s deep-sea pilots have been present on board offshore oil & gas platforms, pipe and cable laying barges and survey-vessels, serving as VTS pilots. These experienced pilots navigate the English Channel and North Sea on a daily basis on all types of vessels and few people will have more experience in all nautical aspects of shipping in this congested sea-area.
Our Offshore VTS pilots supervise the traffic in the near vicinity of an offshore project in progress as well as the provision and broadcast of safety information to ships in the vicinity of that project.
Also shipping information is provided to the involved project management, in close cooperation with the responsible authorities for the relevant sea area.
By establishing Offshore VTS in such ‘sensitive’ areas, the other sea traffic is observed 24/7, safety information is broadcasted regularly and, if necessary, vessels that are about to cause a potentially harmful situation are warned and/or forced to deviate from their dangerous course. In this way, damage to material, ships and structures can be prevented.
- Observing and informing surrounding traffic to enhance the safety of an offshore project.
- Ensuring the safety of on-board personnel.
- Reducing the risk of damaged and lost material.
- Enhancing the safety of the maritime environment.
- Achieve time and cost savings during (complex) offshore projects.
- We have profound knowledge of the North Sea and the Dutch Continental shelf.
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure, operating procedures and legislation.
- Extensive contact and communication lines with the responsible authorities (Coastguard).
- We have an increasing pool of experienced VTS pilots.
- Our Offshore VTS pilots are fully licensed by the Dutch government.
- We offer you a 24/7 full-service on-board for virtually every type of offshore object.
- Royal Dirkzwager has longstanding experience in the world of maritime safety and is unique in this service.